The Government of Mozambique has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to supply and install 544 Solar Photovoltaic Systems to Schools, Clinics and Villages.
These installations will be carried out in the Provinces of Cabo, Delgado, Niassa, Manica and Inhambane.
The Mozambique National Fund for Rural Electrification (FUNAE in Portuguese) has contracted IT Power, inconjunction with local firm TESE, to supply and supervise the installation, commission and maintenance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
The installation process will take fifteen (15) months for each province, followed by a maintenance and warranty period of twenty four (24) months.
The role of IT Power in this assignment is to guarantee the success of the programme. IT Power will supervise and oversee the work carried out by the contracted installation firms (The Contractor) and report directly to FUNAE on its progress.
IT Power’s key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the procurement process and verify equipment procured by the Contractors fulfils project requirements
- Supervising the installation procedures to international industry standards
- Manage the training given by The Contractors to the users
After the projects have been installed, IT Power will:
- Monitor the maintenance of the system installed and the maintenance procedures
- Deliver capacity building to form a strong field team of PV technicians that FUNAE and the country could utilise in the future
- Ensure the project is developed according to the schedule
- Document project progress and installations
The project was initiated at the FUNAE Head Quarters in Mozambique in June 2013 with a kick off meeting. The project will last June 2017.
For further comment or details, please contact our international marketing department.